Joondalup Brothers RUFC seek applications for the Premier Grade Head Coach and Assistant Coaches for the 2022 Season.
Joondalup Brothers RUFC is a dynamic and vibrant, family orientated club with a multitude of nationalities. We are inclusive and pride ourselves in providing a supportive & enjoyable rugby experience to our members, families, sponsors and friends. We reside at HBF Arena in purpose-built clubrooms in the northern suburb of Joondalup. The club fields strong colts, 18’s & 16s teams, and fielding 3 to 4 other senior teams. We boast a large and extensive junior section and a vast, loyal and vocal supporter base. We are firm in leadership with an evident vision for our future. A significant strength within the club is our strong & successful junior division. Therefore, see the suitable candidate for our Premier Grade Head Coach role to have a strong focus on developing our young aspirational playing group and retaining our existing senior players.
Clubs Coaching Philosophies
- To represent our club with integrity, ethics and honesty, in the true spirit of rugby at all times,
- To create an inclusive, happy, supportive and safe environment for players & coaches, to develop and enjoy the game of rugby,
- To encourage and support the selection of players into teams that support their development and abilities,
- To have a player centred approach to coaching that promotes player development ahead of all else,
- To create and maintain a unified environment driven towards a common goal,
- To promote and maintain healthy relationships within the club and wider rugby community.
- To support and contribute to the club’s culture, values and standards.
The Head Coach is responsible for the delivery of the following aspects. They will also be expected to adhere to the JBRUFC Code of Conduct and standards relative to a position of this importance.
- Design of program content and program structure,
- Leadership and implementation of team philosophy and culture,
- Team performance and program review
- Work within the club off-season academy
- Development of rugby program
- Coaching of specific team, unit and individual components
- Design and implementation of session plans and periodised season plans to include training phases.
- Development of players specific positional skills and role understanding
- Provide written and verbal feedback to players relative to performance, skill & positional development.
- Effective tracking of player development
- Lead selection meetings with Premier Grade assistant & Reserve Grade coaches
- Attendance at all training sessions
- Attendance at all games
- Connection with Colts & reserve Grade playing group
- Level 4 Rugby Union Coach accreditation desirable
- Minimum Level 3 Rugby Union Coach accreditation (pre-requisite)
- SmartRugby Accredited
- Proven high-level coaching experience, including selection
- Proven high-level rugby leadership experience
- Excellent, proven communication abilities
The position contracted term is for two years with an option for a third year at the club’s discretion.
Reporting to Director of Rugby and the Senior President
- Rugby WA
- Western Force
- Other Premier Grade coaches
- Referees Association
- Premier Grade Referees
- Premier Grade assistant coach
- Premier Grade team manager
- Reserve Grade coaching group
- Colts coaching group
- Club & team physiotherapists
We are commencing the 2nd week of January for pre-season & concluding late August after the final series. Minimum 2 training sessions per week, being Tuesday & Thursdays. Additional sessions are available at the coach’s discretion.
The Premier Grade team will have a team physio and strength & conditioning coach provided. We can also assist in the appointment of supporting coaches; however, this is at the successful candidate’s request. The club will also support Pre-Season camps & player bonding sessions within reason. JBRUFC have an allocated recruitment budget available to assist with the retention & recruitment of crucial players and will be discussed with the successful applicant upon appointment.
The suitable applicant will be experienced, driven and self-motivated. A leader amongst men, player-focused who strives to create an environment that players and support staff want to be a part of. Their vision and philosophies will align and enhance the club’s strong values and standards. They will take pride in their work and the development of the playing group. Please send your covering letter and CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5:00PM WST Friday 8th October with interviews following there after. Further details may be obtained by contacting the Director of Rugby David Wells on 0402 209 944.